2018 - 19 Registration Information
Eligible children are those who are five years old on or before August 15, 2018. Before starting school, the following information must be provided to school officials:
- A photo ID is requested to identify the parent/guardian enrolling the child.
- A state-certified copy of the child’s birth certificate. (Forms to obtain certified copies of birth certificates can be obtained from the Sumner County Health Department located at 1005 Union School Road, Gallatin, TN 37066)
- Proof of required immunization and current physical. These items can be provided by the Health Department OR the child’s doctor. State law requires a series of three Hepatitis B shots and other immunizations, some of which must be spaced out over a specific period of time. Please check with your child’s healthcare provider to make sure all shots can be obtained before the start of school.
- Two (2) documents establishing proof of residence are required: 1.) Legal document/lease showing proof of residency for specific address (Notary public or typed/hand-written letters from land owner are not accepted). 2.) Current invoice/bill (electric, gas, water, landline telephone) assigned to a specific address and the primary custodial parent/guardian. (Cell phone bills will not be accepted).
**Parents are encouraged to bring the required information on registration day, but missing information can be provided at any time prior to the start of school.
Please visit the front page of our website for printable versions of registration paperwork--this will help to expedite the process during registration!
- Teachers use standards and data to drive authentic, differentiated instructional opportunities that are challenging and enriching.
- Students receive high quality instruction and feedback based upon their unique learning styles which will challenge them to reach their full potential.
- Research-based instruction, critical thinking, and real-life experiences are valued within the learning environment in order to engage active learning in all students.
- Maintain a culture of collaboration and cooperation by focusing on what is best for students through diversity of thought and purposeful communication among all stakeholders.
- Build a learning environment involving students, parents, administration, teachers, and stakeholders provides opportunities for student success, character development, and allows students to actively contribute to and become leaders in their school and community.
- All stakeholders are involved in creating a safe, positive environment, both at school and at home, where students can learn and be motivated to grow and thrive.
- There is a commitment to building and growing leaders at all levels by modeling transparency and collaboration with improved student learning as the focus.
- Leaders set high expectations and are strategic in making decisions based upon the examination and analysis of data; they hold themselves and others accountable for results.
- Leaders understand, communicate, and model the vision to all stakeholders and lead stakeholders in goal setting and collaboration to improve student learning.
- Recruiting, developing, and retaining exemplary teachers and staff remain pivotal for student learning and growth.
- Providing opportunities for relevant, research-based, professional development and PLC opportunities strengthen teacher effectiveness, and ultimately, student success.
- There is equal access to the use of facilities, materials, and technology for instruction with an emphasis on community and business resources being acquired and aligned to support student needs.
Welcome to Millersville Elementary School's new website! If you are having trouble finding the information you need, please try and use the search feature at the very top of the webpage. If there is information that is not listed, please contact the school and we will gladly assist you!
MES Registration for ALL Students
Please plan to attend either July 30, 2018 (4:00 - 7:00 p.m.) OR July 31, 2018 (4:00 - 7:00 p.m.)
To help with time and processing, feel free to print, complete, and bring the following documents with you to your student's Registration Night. (Hard copies will also be available each night.)
4. Parent Online Survey (Once you complete the Parent Online Survey, print the survey completion message and bring it with you to Registration Night.)